Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kiss. . .im. . .mmee :)

Hahah I have no idea what that's supposed to mean but the name just cracks me up so I had to just show how it says Kiss mee :)
So yeah! I'm in Kissimmee :) It's sooo great I love it. It's been kinda hard because we did what you call "White Washing" the area which means all three of us are brand new to the area. We spent most of this week going around contacting a huge list of potential investigators the other Hermana's left us. Neither one of them were trained very well so the paper work wasn't really kept up like it shoulda been and we're pretty lost about where everyone is at as far as people they have as progressing investigators and their potentials seem pretty uninterested. . .but it's still been great!


       

I have used Spanish EVERY SINGLE DAY I've been here! Haha it was pretty intimidating first, knocking on a door, saying "Hello! How are you today?" and getting a "No habla ingles. . ." and just as their shutting the door going "O esta bien! Hablamos poquito espanol!" haha and they get interested that we even tried and it's actually been really neat! They all seem to enjoy that we are at least trying. I had  pretty neat experience with a lady and it was actually the first door we had knocked on where she didn't understand ANY english and I just started saying the words that entered my mind without hesitating about wether or not I was conjugating right or using the exactly right verb or whatever. . .and I ended up sharing the promise in the last two paragraphs in the introduction of the Book of Mormon. She was soo sweet and said it was beautiful and that she wanted to read it So I told her to read and pray to ask if it was the word of God and she said she would, then I asked if we could come back and she said she was only visiting but she would try to meet with other missionaries when she got back. IT was awesome! And she said my spanish was beautiful which is ust nuts haha I know that was most definitely the gift of tongues and it was incredible :)

Oh maybe I should talk about my new companions!! So Sister Blake has been out 6 months (she came out the same time as Sister Mevs) and I absolutely ADORE her! She is so great and such an incredible missionary. I've already grown to love her so much and learned so much from her! She doesn't speak a lick of Spanish haha but it's OK! Me and my other comp, Hermana Monson (I KNOW RIGHT! I'M SERVING WITH A DISTANT RELATIVE OF THE PROPHET!! haha) are doing our best to teach her :) So, Hermana Monson is straight outta the MTC which is neat cuz she still conjugates everything correctly and all that kinda stuff that I need some serious work on haha she is SO loving and a total people person! She has just been working on realizing that it's good to just be herself and even though the Restoration sounds a little crazy, it doesn't matter cuz it's true and it has changed our lives and means everything in the world to us :) <3 So yeah. All three of us are very alike and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to learn from these Sisters! (They are both 21 so I'm a baby haha but it's great)

I don't have a lot to report on as far as investigators go. . .we are having a baptism on Saturday for a families daughter who is 9 and they haven't consistently gone to church in a really long time. . .we're gonna work on that a lot! There are a ton of members here who just don't come to church. . .ok!!

So that World Wide Leadership Training last night!! If you haven't watched it yet. . .GO WATCH IT NOW!!! It is absolutely incredible.
I know that if I wasn't already serving a "mission" and this wasn't my calling to preach the gospel that woulda been "Exactly the pep talk we all needed" -quote from Sister Hall, because it's soooo important that we do member missionary work! I have seen already how essential members are in helping investigators gain a true testimony. SO all of you members, do ALL you can to help the missionaries :)

I know that my life has already been forever changed because of the perspective I have on missionary work and our obligation to share the gospel. I know that up to this point in my life I have taken my baptismal covenant seriously, but I was passive about it. I thought that as long as I wasn't doing the wrong thing, that meant I was standing as a witness of God. But I've realized that being a witness of God means that I will be proactive about making sure that others know that this is the way that they can be truly happy and find peace and joy not only in this life but in the life to come. Whether it's by just being a good friend, helping someone in need, or sharing your testimony with someone you see could benefit from the knowledge you have, share your testimony!!! I know that not only will you bless the lives of so many people, but you will also strengthen your testimony and become more happy in the process!! :)

Alright, well that's it for the week :) I love you all SOOO much and am so grateful to every single one of you. Keep being you and shine your light to all those around you. Act on every prompting you receive from the spirit, no matter how silly it seems haha I do it all the time and I've never felt the spirit so strong in my entire life. The Savior Lives. He loves each one of us more than we can comprehend. He wants us to return to live with him again. I love HIm and am going to do all I can to help prepare the earth for His second coming :)

LOVE YOU ALL!! Have an amazing week :) <3 xoxoxox –

Hermana Conger. . . Larissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment