Monday, June 23, 2014

:D

I'm just happy today :) We had a toughish week haha this whole World Cup thing really throws a loop into doing any sort of missionary work!! BUT we had 2 investigators that FINALLY came to church yesterday! One is a little girl who her mom was inactive a long time and she decided to be baptized Cathloic and when her mom got active she keeps going to the Catholic church but she's knows the Book of Mormon is true. . .she's 8 haha but SUPER smart and special :) Her name is Valentina so we're gonna work with her and her family :) Then the other was the father of an investigator we've been teaching off and on for awhile and he came for the last 20 minutes and liked it but he doesn't wanna commit to listening to us or changing religions, but we'll see where we can get with him :)

Me and Hna Castleman had a really neat experience last night knocking doors. We hadn't been having any luck all day long, and on top of it she got bit by a wasp and we weren't even sure it was a wasp so we were trying to figure out if we needed to go to the hospital cuz it was BAD. . .but then we went to a memebers house and put on some Aloe Vera (it grows EVERYWHERE here) and it got better right away :) so anyway, last night at like 8:30 right before we were going to start heading home, a man, Said (it's Arabic!) came out of his nice big house and talked with us and he was cold so I asked him if his wife was home and when he said yes i offered to go inside to talk, and normally the richer people never let you in cuz they're scared of getting robbed. . .BUT HE LET US IN!! It was the first time that's happened I think my whole mission :) They are a religion that believes in reincarnation and all that fun stuff, but we ended up talking about the Plan of Salvation and our doctrines are so simliar they just kept getting more and more excited. The coolest part was it got to be 9:30 (Hna Castleman like hit me and pointed to the like and I was like OH FLIP haha cuz that's when we should be in the house. . .) we told them we had to go and they both were so excited to inviote us to come back another day :) It was such a neat experience and I'm not sure where they are gonna go, but it was so neat to see the spirit testifying to them of the truths we shared :)

I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to share these truths with the whole world so they can be blessed like we are <3

I love you all so very much!! I have transfers this week, I think I'll be sticking in Villa FLoresta, but we'll see what happens!! Home stretch and I'm giving it my all!!! :D Have an awesome week!!!! :D <3 LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment