Monday, July 22, 2013

Letter to the Pres :)

President Berry!

Thank you so much for your e-mail. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm so grateful that I get to serve with you while I am here in Orlando! I'm looking forward to interviews this week! It'll be good to hear from you on more of a one-on-one basis.

I have had a GREAT week this week! We obviously got Sister Ackley on Monday and she is just SUCH a huge blessing. She works so hard and really wants to serve the Lord with all she's got, which is an example I needed! We have been working really hard and it has been such a joy talking to everyone we see to get those 12 contacts per day! We are already starting to see the blessings and fruits of that and it's going to be really neat moving forward. Our companionship gets along so well I'm a little nervous for transfers because I want us to stay where we are! I'm not even sure I ever want to leave for Argentina :) I'll be and go wherever the Lord needs me though!
I heard a really neat talk from an RM on Sunday and he talked a lot about Patience and I was grateful for that because that's really what I need to work on out here. I need to be patient with our investigators and really try to teach them according to the Lord's time table and not mine. I need to be patient with my companions, the way they do things, feel the spirit, all of that stuff. I need to be patient with myself and not expect myself to be a perfect missionary. I know that I can give 100% of what is possible for me to give, but I need to be patient and know that even that isn't enough sometimes :) Christ will have everything work out in the end if I'm willing to just offer up myself to him through being exactly obedient (as possible as an imperfect human like me can be) and living His gospel through constant change and growth through repentance.
It's a beautiful thing to realize that's really all He asks of us. As I share the gospel, I'm happy to bring others to that knowledge so they can be happy too :)

Hermana Conger

No comments:

Post a Comment